Friday, April 24, 2015

Why Do I Need a Certificate of Occupancy To Get a Business License in Washington, DC?

One of the requirements for obtaining a business license in DC is to submit a currently valid Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) for your business space. This requirement applies to all companies or individual proprietors with any kind of office, storage, or any other space that is located in the District. If you have no kind of space for your business in the District of Columbia, you are exempt from this requirement.

A C of O (or, if the space is in your home, a Home Occupation Permit) is required to show that your business is using a building that meets building and zone code requirements for the building’s intended use.

Because a C of O can take a while to obtain, check this out early in your process. At D.C. Registered Agent, we can give you expert guidance on when you need a C of O, and whether you can use an existing one or will need to get a new one.

D.C. Registered Agent, Inc. has been representing clients only in the District of Columbia since 1994. Our professional staff can answer all your questions and help you get through the licensing process. Call us today at 202.457.4299 or visit our website at

1 comment:

  1. It's the best time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've learn this put up and if I may just I desire to counsel you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more issues about it! online marketing